Tuesday 22 July 2008

Whoa, Belly! Week 16 (ish)

Lettuce take a moment to reflect not only upon how the belly has grown, but also how terribly the paint in our foyer photographs.

The Tapeworm (heretofore to be referred to as the Little One, at the behest of His Huffness) has decided to stretch its boundaries and make some room for flip-flopping around, and whatever else s/he is doing in there. It feels quite like an eyelid twitch inside my abdomen, but much less irritating, since I know that it's the Little One (sigh...that does NOT have the same ring to it as Tapeworm)**.

Also, total strangers aren't going around thinking that I'm winking at them, and getting the wrong idea.

At left, the Belly at 15 weeks, 4 days. Tell me I look pregnant!!! I think I have finally passed the "just looks chunky" stage. In fact, lettuce also reminisce about a few weeks ago, when, on the way to the gym, I turned to Chris and said, "I'm thickening," and he said, "What?" and then turned around and said, "Oh". Ouch.


And, for your viewing/snickering pleasure, lettuce now turn to the Random Feet Check.

As in, can I still see my feet?

Yes, yes I can. For now.


**Update! Thanks to input from an Alert Reader (Mommmm), the Tapeworm has been re-christened the Huffalump - a name that I'm sure we can all agree is less horrifying and offensive, but still has that certain je ne sais quoi.

3 comments:

Garrett Family said...

Okay, you definitely look pregnant. Are you sure you haven't done this before?! I think it's awesome and you look fabulous! As fort he feet, well, I think you had better say good-bye to them pretty soon!

Anonymous said...

Well, thank you for the credit re the "Huffalump" - I think it's rather a special name. I'm quite sure that your first exposure to Pooh Bear baby accessories would have twigged your memory of Pooh's imaginary friend and you would have come up with this variation yourself .... Mommmmm

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the "Huffalump" grow.

ps. I liked the previous name, it felt so *you*. So original, not like names that others use (Peanut, Noodle, Bean..)

Favourite posts