Thursday 18 September 2008

Week 24: Slimming Secrets of the Stars

With swimsuit season just around the corner, there are always concerns about getting into shape for photoshoots and random paid appearances.


I have taken a poor, unfortunate soul desperately in need of a makeover (at left), and will show you how my the Triple-A system (Adjusting your Attitude with Accessories!) can reveal the gorgeous creature you see at the right.

Phase 1 - striking a jaunty pose.
Phase 2 - sucking in rounded cheeks.
Phase 3 - it's all about the sunglasses.
Phase 4 - involved a fake tan, but obviously we didn't get that far.

So, yep, this is me in my maternity swimwear (shudder) at 24 weeks. The Huffalump (who may be the Champ's love child, judging by the strong kicks and the flurry to the solar plexus that I got last night (Chris even took a punch in the jaw!)) seems to be doing well... and active.

I tried swimming yesterday at lunch, in an effort to reduce the beating that my body's been taking at the gym lately, and decided that it's just not worth it, at least not on the days that I've taken the time to straighten my hair.

However, on the plus side, I didn't get harpooned.









5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is the tequila hat? You should be wearing the tequila hat! Oh wait...wrong blog.

Anonymous said...

Ohmygawd!!! That's all I can think of at the moment..... Mommmm

Garrett Family said...

Wow! You have bloomed! What a belly! You look great and happy!

Anonymous said...

Re Slimming Secrets of the Stars
I am totally speechless! and that doesn't happen very often. Can I borrow your suit for our cruise?

Anonymous said...

My goodness, you're massive!! I did however note that you have not forgotten the all important "pedicure" step of the magical transformation (ooo, pedies...)

Favourite posts