Sunday 22 February 2009

Vaughn at 6 weeks...and (eep) me, too

A few photos of our beautiful boy, with a horrible sight at the end... you've been warned.


Me and the little pooper, pretending to be well-rested.


The V-Man hanging out with his new blankie!



Yay! Bathrobes are AWESOME!


Vaughn in a rare moment of quiet and rest.



Ok, so here goes nothing: after months and months of belly photos (to see how I compare to myself in this outfit, check me out here (on my due date!) and here (at 20 weeks)!), I've decided to face the hideous truth and debut the 6-weeks-post-baby body. Let's hope it improves over the next, oh, week or two.


So far, the scale is being kind (I've been 5 lbs over my pre-pg weight since week 3), but I know that's due to lost muscle mass. I'm very sure that the bones of my hips are wider than they were before (as evidenced as my dependence on jogging pants), but aside from the slight belly pooch*, I'm not feeling too, too badly about the whole thing.

Oh, who am I kidding? I'm feeling HORRIBLE! I've made it out walking 3 times (pain/cold has kept me from doing more), onto the elliptical twice (oooo, level 4), and tried to run the other night, and managed 1 minute of running/ 2 minutes of walking for half an hour, and it felt awful, inside and out, for 2 days. I've done 2 days of light weights, which felt great, and lots of pushups and crunches at home (I can do pushups again without my belly hitting the ground! Yay!), but until I can get on a consistent schedule, I don't expect to see much improvement, and definitely not the abular definition I had before.


Suffice it to say that there won't be regular photos, but I will check in on my fitness progress once in a while.



* oh, and apparently, there's still some back fat. I was unaware.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I know your standards are high but SERIOUSLY???? You dont even look like you had a baby!!!!!!! (And now Im going to think nasty thoughts about you to sooth my oh so envious soul)

Garrett Family said...

I'm thinking nasty thought about you as well!!

Woody said...

Ok seriously woman...your baby is 6 weeks old. You have just spent 9 months growing a complete human - it's gonna take time to get back to your old self. Give yourself break! Relax, sleep and enjoy this time with your newborn. It doesn't last long. And in case you haven't noticed yet, nobody really cares about you anymore anyways. It's all about Vaughn now.

Favourite posts