Wednesday 2 February 2011

Quick Update: 8 months

Ailsa had her 8 month checkup/4 month shots today (a story for another day -- don't get me started), and what a difference!

At her last checkup (at 4 months), my doctorb was worried that she had fallen off her growth curve; after her superstar start (50th and 50th percentiles for height and weight), she had dropped in both categories by enough to make him worry. But maybe, he said, looking me up and down, it's genetic. Trying to choose between being relieved and offended, I made up my mind at his next comment.

Apparently, she could just be starving to death! Oh, is that all????

As soon as I got here, I made an appointment for my OWN health, and my new doctorb told me to put the bub onto a bottle, stat, and start to sleep better.*

Well.

The bub took the bottle like, well, Mommy to a bottle**, and I am happy to report that she has gained 6 1/2 lbs and 3 inches since then! (Ailsa, not me. I'm still rocking the "how tall are you?" "not very" joke.) (They were needed pounds, though - we're not working on creating a sumo baby!)

So, her 8 month stats are as follows:

Height: 27 inches
Weight: 17 lbs


She's now back on the 50/50 growth curve...(again, are you sure she's mine?) but her cuteness? Off the charts.


* I'm fine now, too. Thanks for asking.

** That part is definitely genetic.

1 comment:

Garrett Family said...

Starving?! What the...ok. Breathe. What is up with some of these so-called doctors?! Good job getting another opinion.

Favourite posts