The Things I Need To Focus On As a Working Mom
- Getting everyone up by 7.
- Putting a nice, healthy breakfast on the table.
- Hurrying everyone through breakfast.
- Making sure that two kids are dressed and beds are made; dressing the little one.
- Teeth brushing for four people.
- Getting out the door with two balanced lunches, rain gear, and a water bottle, to get to the school bus stop by 7:45.
- On the days that I'm at home, planning activities for the day, such as The Gym! Costco! The Pet Store! Reading! Hygiene! Math and Language Skills! (this was all done today)
- On the days that I'm at work, being as productive as possible in 15 hours a week, to ensure that my boss doesn't pull the plug on my amazing flexible schedule.
- Keeping the yard neat, garden weeded, and plants (somewhat) alive.
- Coordinating babysitting and nannying.
- Staying calm, setting a good example, and teaching important lessons like, "Why whacking your sister(s) with a stick is not a good idea: Three part series".
- Always remembering sunscreen and sunhats. For everyone.
- Making dinner that is healthy and semi-edible while three maniacs scream around underfoot, to eat by 6 pm.
- Bathing (tonight with homemade bath paint!), readying for bed, and sedating (just kidding! ha ha!) the kids by 7:30 (ha ha... ha...kaff).
- Cleaning the house from top to bottom, reshelving books, organizing toys, and getting meals prepared for the next day.
- Finding a nanny for the summer. In the next two weeks. After scrambling to fill in the time between now and the end of June for the next two weeks.
- Maybe showering and/or styling my hair for the next day. Maybe.
- Getting to bed before
11 midnight1 am.
The Things I Need To Focus On As A Crack Addict
- Getting more crack.