Thursday 11 January 2018

Well, I did it

So, I finally had enough.  The last straw came when I was visiting my parents, and my mom kept suggesting that I use her hairdryer after showering.  So, I finally did, for about 40 minutes because that's how long it takes.   And yes, I guess it does "look nice" when I take the time, but do I really have 40 minutes to style my hair every second day?

The answer, of course, is no.

So, as it goes, I woke up yesterday, having a fairly good hair day.  And I thought I'd take a goodbye selfie.  Since my selfie skills are still very basic, the goodbye photo was actually about 12 photos, which felt very silly and vain.



Oh hello!  I didn't see you there!  .... Why, yes, I always look like this.




And here I am, 20 minutes lighter (at least).  We'll see how it looks when I style it myself.  It still fits into a teeny-yet-super-thick ponytail, and, if it turns out actually as I wanted, I will be mistaken for Kate Hudson* the next time I leave the house.**  The kids didn't notice for about 30 minutes, then Vaughn said, "Mommy!  Your HAIR!" and that was it.  Ailsa liked the curls and gave me a hug, and Tamsin said she liked it too.

When Chris got home, he sort of looked like he was going to cry, but then I started to look like I was going to cry too, and he got over it and told me it looks nice.  And that he supports my growing this out, "should I want to".  And also, he really liked my long hair. 

Would you believe that this is an actual photograph of Kate Hudson in my kitchen??? 
No?  Well, would you believe that the follow-up selfie actually took more tries than the original? 
Leading me to believe that I have made a horrible, horrible mistake? 


Ah well, too late now.






* Kate Hudson before the head-shaving.  Although....

** Since the whole "being mistaken for Kate Moss" thing hasn't really worked out.

No comments:

Favourite posts