Friday 28 September 2018

Family! Friends! Former Coworkers!

I know what you're thinking.

You're thinking, "Gee, I really miss Karen/Fis/Vaughn/Ailsa/Tamsin/Ziggy.  She/he is just a really great person/friend/dog.  I really wish I could show him/her that I'm thinking of him/her and like him/her a lot BUT not quite enough to waste a stamp."

Well, you're in luck.

Again this year, starting October 10, and continuing till January 11, 2019, the wonderful people at Canada Post are extending a generous offer to our community - so, from within Canada, you can send us any letter up to 500g and any parcel up to 20kg (with tracking), totally free.  Just drop it off at a Canada Post office (not in a mailbox), and you'll feel good, we'll feel loved, and you'll even save that precious stamp.

Address it to Fis, at the CFSU address (email me if you don't have it), and hey!  While you're writing that down, I'll just give you some ideas of nice thoughts you can send us:


  • anything - it's totally free.  Don't overthink it.  A photo, a card, a drawing, a letter - you have no excuse to not show us that you care now!  Not even the cost of a stamp, you cheapskates (whom I love dearly)!

But really, if you want to send us care packages, don't forget to fill out a customs form, do not send us cannabis or cannabis products,* and perhaps consider:
  • up to and including 20kg of Kraft Peanut Butter
  • up to and including 20kg of PC White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese
  • 10kg each of Kraft Peanut Butter and PC White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese
  • Costco-sized bags of super stainy orange snack mix
  • Hershey's/Lowney's Bridge Mixture
  • a selection of Bulk Barn candy (including crap-in-my-mouth)
  • hand-me-down clothing 
  • shoes for me - size 5 (or 5 1/2 if the heel is quite high)

Too far?  Oh well, you get the idea.  




* Yes, even if it's after October 17th.  I love that I have to put that in.  I love you guys.


No comments:

Favourite posts